Distribution | Logistics
Permanent | £40,000 - £50,000 Annual Bonus | Fareham, Hampshire
Oak Tree Recruitment are working with a well known brand based in Fareham, Hampshire. Looking for a Modelling & Simulation Engineer to work on a new system implementation; You will be responsible for the delivery of simulation findings to provide recommendation to optimise system, technology and Distribution Centre layout designs that support current and future business requirements for the company's Distribution & Logistics operation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Simulation Engineers or graduates with some experience in the field to join a global organisation during an exciting time. In a great location that has easy commutable access from across Hampshire.Key responsibilities; Constructing Computer Simulation Models
- Collect, prepare and manipulate data into a format necessary for appropriate simulation modelling input analysis
- Construct simulation models using a simulation software solution, ensuring that models are designed for flexibility to support future modelling needs and enhancements. Verifying and validating simulation models
- Perform simulation experiments and analyze, interpret and document results of modeling and simulation activitiesPerforming simulation experiments in order to predict outcome
- Present actionable feedback to Key Stakeholders and partners for incorporation into system, technology and DC (Distribution Centre) layout design decisionsThe successful Modelling & Simulation Engineer will have:
· Proficiency in constructing and running discrete-event simulation models in 2D and 3D space
· Proficiency with a discrete-event simulation software tool, such as Arena, Simio, AnyLogic, ProModel, FlexSim, Simul8, ExtendSim, SimEvents, JaamSim, etc.
· Proficiency in mining, cleansing and analyzing data using MS Excel
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with particular experience in creating clear and concise presentations and communicating results and findings in meetings with Key Stakeholders
· Highly motivated and self-directed
· 1 to 3 years of simulation-related experience, including working knowledge of and building and running discrete-event computer simulation models; or, an equivalent combination of education and experienceAll levels of experience welcome! Please do not delay and apply today!!